Te Toku Toru Tapu

Ko Otau te Maunga
Ko Waitemata te Moana
Ko Wairoa te Awa
Ko Rahera Titia o Te Rangi te tupuna Whaea
Ko Ngati Kohua te Papakainga
Ko Ngati Kohua te Iwi

Te Toku Toru Tapu, the whare karakia was built in 1911 by Tete Paraone, husband of Rahera. They built the original homestead 200 metres from the urupa in 1912 and then in 1914 built Ngati Kohua.

Whare type: Whare Karakia

Contact Info

Contact Person:

Phyllis King

Phone:
09 2928882
Email:
Phyllis.king@xtra.co.nz
Physical address:
879 Clevedon Rd, Clevedon